• Swap your sugary drink to water.
• Ensure calorie balance.
• Eat smaller portion.
• Never too hungry - Intense hungry may lead to poor choice of foods.
• Eat slowly - It takes 20 minutes for your stomach to send signal to your brain that you have eaten enough.
• Limit foods high in solid fats such as margarine, cheese, fatty meats and foods fried in oil.
1) Wang SY, Liu YP, Fan YH et al. Mechanism of aqueous fructus aurantii immaturus extracts in neuroplexus of cathartic colons. World J Gastroenterol. 2015 Aug 21; 21(31): 9358-9366.
2) Jiang YH, Bai XW, Zhu XL and Li J. The effects of Fructus Aurantii extract on the 5-hydroxytryptamine and vasoactive intestinal peptide contents of the rat gastrointestinal tract. Pharmaceutical Biology, 52:5, 581-585.
3) Hursel R, Viechtbauer W, Westerterp-Plantenga MS. The effects of green tea on weight loss and weight maintenance: a meta-analysis. Int J Obes (Lond). 2009 Sep;33(9):956-61. Doi: 10.1038/ijo.2009.135. Epub 2009 Jul 14.
4) Keshav RP, Nisha P. Phytochemical Profile and Biological Activity of Nelumbo Nucifera: review Article. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine vol 2015 (2015). Article ID 789124, 16 pages.
5) Sham TT, Chan CO, Wang YH, Yang JM et al. A review on the traditional Chinese medicinal herbs and formulae with hypolipidemic effect. BioMed Research International. Vol 2014 (2014), Article ID 925302, 21 pages.